This is our first attempt at boat blogging. We'll see how it goes.
We are still in Arroyo Grande "Getting Ready to Get Ready". We have postponed our Alaska trip until next year due to Harriet's (Rolynn's mother) unstable condition. She is in Wisconsin and we don't want to get too far north on the boat to easily get to Wisconsin should the need arise. Nor do we want to get all the way to Alaska only to park the boat. If we are going to do SE then we want to do it right.
We plan to arrive in Anacortes on June 14 then spend two weeks preparing the boat. We have to install a new GPS, remove and clean the heat exchanger on the generator, replace fuel filters,, etc, as well as provision her and see Anacortes friends. We are scheduled for haul out at Delta Marine (http://tinyurl.com/23g86ab) in Tsehum, BC on the 28th where our new custom swim step and a new transom zinc will be installed - plus anything else fixed that we will invariably find to be broken. (I will post photos of the process - eventually.) We will also get an insurance survey performed at the same time. (New policy - saving $700/year!!!). This work was originally scheduled for the previous week but the marina is replacing the engine in the travel lift then. (The travel lift is the machine used to lift the boat out of the water and park her on shore.)
We expect to begin our journey north and west the next day arriving in the Broughtons (http://tinyurl.com/29sxqbc) the following week.